Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Wednesday 29 October 2014

Happy Days CAL (9): Joining Chart

crochet blanket

We have completed the squares for our Happy Days Blanket: 

PART 1 (Hakuna Matata Mandala Square)  

x4 (28cm x 28cm each)
 
Part 2 (Sunny Flower Square)

x10 (14cm x 14cm each) 
  
Part 3 (Tic-Tac-Toe Square)
x4  (28cm x 28cm each)

Part 4 (Solid Granny Square)
x10 (14cm x 14cm each)

Part 5 (Popcorn Flower & Leaves Square)
x8 (14cm x 14cm each)

Part 6 (Box Stitch Square)
x8 (14cm x 14cm)

Part 7 (Zooty Mandala Square) 
x4 (28cm x 28cm)
 
Part 8 (Happy Days Mandala Square) 
x4 (28cm x 28cm) 

You can use whatever method you prefer to join your squares.    You can also join them in whatever order you choose.

I will be crocheting a double row of dc with "Storm" (dark grey) around each 28cm x 28cm square;  and then using my VISIBLE JOIN to join them together.

crochet blanket

I like the Visible Join because it is very forgiving - you still get a very neat join even if your squares are slightly uneven.     It also adds interest to your work giving a "stitched" look!

crochet blanket

 My squares will be joined according to this chart:


I will post the pattern for my border and edging on Friday 14 November 2014 (the border will be a slight variation on the BABY GROOVYGHAN)

Please feel free to use your favourite border and edging.

crochet blanket

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for all your time and dedication to creating this beautiful CAL! My hands do not allow me to crochet as much as I used to, but this one will be beautiful in my living room! Thank you for sharing your immense talents! Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias por tan bonitas plazas granny, el colorido es espectacular, muchas gracias por su dedicaciĆ³n.
    Un saludo,
    Carmen of Spain

    ReplyDelete